Who we are
The McNeese Foundation offers donors a wide range of opportunities for demonstrating their support to the University. Donors may specify the area of interest where they wish their contribution to be directed such as a specific college, department, academic or athletic program, educational support unit, campus improvement or other areas.
The McNeese Foundation's purpose is to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward private gifts including real and personal property, limited or conditional gifts, grants, planned gifts or other bequests offered toward advancement of the institution.
- Residents of Southwest Louisiana and beyond who have completed high school and are seeking either a college degree or continuing professional education;
- Two-year college transfer students, particularly those from Sowela Technical Community College;
- Employers in the region, both public and private, school districts, health care providers, local governments, and private businesses;
- Economic development interests and regional entrepreneurs; and
- The area community, by providing a broad range of academic and cultural activities and public events.
- An array of liberal arts programs at the baccalaureate level – arts and humanities, social sciences, natural sciences – appropriate to a teaching institution with a predominately undergraduate student body.
- Baccalaureate programs in education, engineering, business, nursing, selected allied health fields, mass communications, and criminal justice.
- Master’s programs primarily related to education, engineering, arts and sciences, nursing, and business.
- Support for area K-12 schools seeking college general education courses for advanced students and assistance in ensuring that their graduates are college-and career-ready.
- Services specifically designed to meet the needs of regional economic development (small business development, support for entrepreneurs, problem-solving).
- Programs in innovation, entrepreneurship, and small business development supported by the Southwest Entrepreneurial and Economic Development Center.
- Agricultural and related sciences with opportunities for experiential learning at three working farms and the Center for Advancement of Meat Processing and Production.
- Custom academic programs and professional certifications integrated with area business and industry.
- Applied undergraduate research partnerships in engineering, sciences, allied health and the Louisiana Environmental Research Center.
- Cultural events are designed to connect McNeese with the regional arts community and K-12 education.