The 1939 Living Oak Society
More than 300 live oak trees, first planted in the early 1940s, dot McNeese State University’s interior campus and outer boundaries. The branches of the live oaks form canopies to create an inviting and natural beauty. With a life span of 200 years or more, the legacy left by planting a live oak tree may expand several generations.
FIRST PLANTED IN THE EARLY 1940’S
The McNeese Foundation established The 1939 Living Oak Society to recognize donors that support the university through planned giving. Membership in The 1939 Living Oak Society provides the donor an opportunity to plant a seed that will create a lasting legacy for several generations. For more information on planned giving, click here.
The 1939 Living Oak Society supports McNeese by providing funds to ensure a legacy for achieving the university’s four core values. The Society is comprised of university supporters that have expressed the intention of making a planned gift to the McNeese Foundation. Beneficiaries of The 1939 Living Oak Society include students, faculty and staff and the community of Southwest Louisiana and beyond.
- Receipt of written documentation or a verbal commitment of the intent for making a planned gift to the McNeese Foundation.
- Express directions regarding how the planned gift should be allocated, if there are preferences.
- Donation of a planned gift that fits the needs of the donor and aligns with the best interests of McNeese.
The 1939 Living Oak Society membership benefits include:
- Recreation Complex membership
- Frazar Memorial Library privileges
- Campus parking hangtag (upon request)
- Two complimentary Theatre tickets (upon request)
- McNeese Bookstore 10% discount (excludes textbooks/computer products)
- Invitation to the annual meeting as a voting member
Request benefits by calling 337.475.5588.
Planned Giving Resources
For detailed planned giving resource information, please click here.
For legal advice, seek assistance from a qualified attorney, investment planner, and/or certified professional accountant for specific guidance in setting up a planned gift. State laws apply when establishing wills, trusts or other charitable gifts.
The official bequest language for The McNeese Foundation is:
“I, [name], of [city, state, zip], give, devise and bequeath to The McNeese Foundation [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
The 1939 Living Oak Society Brochure
To view The 1939 Living Oak Society brochure in its entirety, please click here. To request a brochure be sent to you via mail, please call 337.475.5588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.